Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ethan's 1st birthday!!

I have a one year old--I can hardly believe it!! Ethan turned one on Monday, however we celebrated his birthday on Sunday, that is why he is in his sunday clothes. I can hardly believe where the last year has gone and how much Ethan has grown. I can also not imagine having him as a part of our family. He is just such a little source of laughter and happiness and we are so glad to be his parents!

His Grandma and Grandpa Tolman made him a great birthday banner and sent him some fun presents.

I made him chocolate oreo cake which he loved. He is a little chocoholic like his father.

We got him a little tricycle that Eric and I can push. It is great. We have been pushing him all over the house, because it is still too cold outside. Grandma and Grandpa Nelson sent Ethan some fun presents also, however, he liked the card the best. He looked at that for 10 minutes before we could get him to open his presents!

5 comments:

Mary Victoria said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! Heather, you can make me an oreo cake too...it looked fantastic! Recipe??

rohwer_25 said...

Holy cow! Great minds must think alike because we have that vest, and that bike! Yeah us! Happy birthday Ethan!

Brooke (nelson, that is)

Heather said...

Mary, I got the recipe out of Kraft magazine. If you go to the kraft website and type in chocolate covered oreo cookie cake you will find the recipe. It is SOOOOO good.

Rick Tolman said...

These pictures make us so homesick for our little buddy. He is very handsome and so much fun. We miss him! Grandpa T

Melani said...

Ethan is SO cute! I can't believe he's already 1 and I haven't seen him yet! Take a vacation and come see us -k-. Done Deal!