Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cade's Blessing



Okay, so I am WAY behind on posting. I will try and catch up over the next week. Eric's parents were here the last two weeks and my brother, Aaron was here for a couple of days, so we went and did LOTS of fun stuff. However, one of the most important things that happened was that we blessed Cade. It has been so nice, with all of the kids we have had family members from both sides that were able to be present--even here in Japan. Also, you can't tell, I need to take better pictures, but I made Cade a white jinbei (it is a japanese outfit kids wear) and he was blessed in that. We thought it was only appropriate since he was born in Japan and has a japanese middle name. Here are a couple of pictures from the day.


Cade in his jinbei--you can see the front crosses over and then he has little shorts. Funny story, so I put it on him right about 20 minutes before we were leaving for church. About 5 minutes before, Eric's dad brings Cade to me and says that he messed his pants, I take Cade upstairs and there is yellow poop all over his shorts. Eric's mom was so nice to frantically try and wash out the shorts, while I cleaned up Cade. We throw the shorts in the dryer for 5 minutes and they are still pretty damp. We hold them in front of the air vent on the drive to church, and luckily by blessing time they were only a little damp. I just laughed, babies always have such great timing!!


Cute picture of Grandma Nelson and Kailey

Cute Cade--he is such a happy baby and always smiling at us--we are so glad he is a part of our family!

1 comment:

IzzieGuire said...

Way to improvise on the dryer! Didn't know you had a lil' fob in you! ;)