Monday, May 16, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!!!


We invited some of the JAGs from Eric's office over for a Cinco de Mayo party. I must say it was a hit and I think that cinco de mayo is the kids' new favorite holiday. We had yummy food (I made Cafe Rio salad--a sweet pork salad with cilantro dressing, cilantro lime rice and black beans--yum!!) along with guacomole, bean dip and some other yummy treats. For dessert I made these really delicious chipotle chili brownies--they had just a bit of kick! The highlight was the pinata. We had bought it the weekend before and every morning the kids would ask me if it was "pinata day"!! Anyways, here are some pictures--we had a fun, fun night!!

We colored pictures and decorated the door to welcome everyone to our fiesta!!

Part of the "mexican" spread--notice the mexican colors-green, red and white!!

Our good friend, Hayes, helping Kailey hit the pinata!

One more action shot!
Ethan getting in on the action--after the kids hit, we called in the big guns and had some of the adults take turns beating the pinata!! I forgot how much fun it is to hit a pinata!!

No comments: