Sunday, November 6, 2011

Half Marathon Mommy (and Daddy!)

Last month, while Granny and Gramps were here, the base had their first annual 'Great Pumpkin Half-Marathon' and Eric and I ran it. I have been running in the morning with two of my good friends, Breclyn and Kendal and I talked them into running it with me. Both of them had never ran a single race before and the most they had ever ran at one time was 4 miles, so this was a big thing. However, we started training during the summer and just worked our way up to it. While it wasn't one of my better runs, which was frustrating, we all finished and had a fun time and then to reward ourselves we went to the onsen (naked japanese bath house--it sounds crazy, but it is the best--one of the things I will miss most about Japan!!) The half-marathon was on base and we ran by our house twice. Granny and Gramps were so cute to bring the kids outside and cheer us on--it was so fun to run past our cute cheering section!!

Eric in action--he did awesome!!

Kendal and I running together!

Our t-shirts we had made--we are kind of slow, hence the turtle.
We joked that this was our 'Engrish" shirt--Japanese are constantly misspelling English words--we meant to spell 'peace' not 'piece'--I guess that is what happens when you live in Japan too long!!
Me, Kendal, Bethany (one of the volunteers), Breclyn and our other friend Deborah!

No comments: