Saturday, March 1, 2008

Utah Trip

Last week, we went out to visit Eric's family in Utah--really I think we went out just so Eric could ski. According to him, he can't go a winter without skiing!! We had a great time with Eric's family. We spent most of the week up in Midway,just outside of Park City, at Eric's great-aunt's house with all the family. Eric's whole family was there, then an aunt and uncle came up and brought both of their families and my sister Brooke came up for the weekend. We had a blast! Also, it was so nice to see Eric's brother Mike who has been on a mission for the last two years. These are just a few pictures of Ethan looking so cute! The house had this little room under the stairs for the kids and Ethan loved going in there.


Eric's brother Mike and his cousin Nate spent one evening sculpting this creation. We were all very impressed at how defined he was. Also, we are sure the neighbors loved it!


We took some family pictures the day we left Midway on a covered bridge--all I can say is that it was FREEZING!! However, the pictures turned out really good. I didn't get any of the whole family, but here are a couple of the Nelson men and then there is one of Ethan and his cousin Blake and a really cute one of Ethan.


Sunday afternoon, we headed down to Provo to help my grandma celebrate her 82nd birthday. We had a lot of fun and it was so nice to see her. The next day we headed out to Grandpa Tolman's house to introduce Ethan to him. We went out to lunch with grandpa and Aunt Leslee, both of whom Ethan absolutely loved. Ethan was especially enthralled by Grandpa's cane! We had such a great time visiting in Utah and are especially grateful to Eric's parents for the great time we had with them up in Midway! We can't wait until next time we go visit!!


Also, I am so sorry I was a bad blogger last month. I will try and be better and (Mom and Dad this is for you) give you your fix of Ethan!

2 comments:

Rick Tolman said...

Thanks so much Heather. I checked it first thing this morning before we left Nashville. I love the photos and the video. I am home now and am looking again-- twice today. Thanks! Love, Dad T

Melani said...

Aww, cute pictures. He's getting so big! Love the pics of Grandpa Tolman. It made me miss him. Ethan is adorable. I bet you get that a lot. Handsome boy!