Monday, July 7, 2008

Kailey with Ethan


Yes, we've decided on Kailey Ann Nelson.  Heather and I had strongly considered that name for months, but we really struggled with the spelling.  There are about nine different spellings and we just chose the one we like the best.

Heather is doing very well and our little girl is very hungry.  She actually looks a lot like Ethan did when he was born, but she acts a little different.  Notably, she sticks her tongue out ALL THE TIME.  

Even before she was born we could see her on the ultrasound sticking her tongue out at us.Maybe this is normal, but Ethan is tongue-tied, so he's never stuck his tongue out at us including his first few hours of life.  The other different activity is that this baby is much more mellow and subdued than Ethan was.  She's far quieter and much more content to just lie there and look at you rather than needing to do something.  Our fingers are crossed that she'll stay that way for at least a little while.

I'd like to say that these pictures and videos of Ethan with Kailey are from when they first met, but unfortunately I forgot the camera the first time I brought Ethan in.  I'll let Heather gush on in a different posting about how adorable Ethan was when he came in, but it was VERY cute. 

Ethan holding Kailey:

Ethan giving Kailey a kiss:



A third of Ethan with Kailey:


Ethan just saying "Hi":

12 comments:

Rick Tolman said...

I love the name and the spelling. Congrats to both Heather and Eric. What a wonderful little family! You are very blessed as am I. Kailey is a little doll and Ethan is a very handsome boy. Love, Grandpa T

Karlee said...

Congrats! She is a beauty!

jessica said...

Those videos are awesome. Keep them coming.

Kristen said...

Congrats! Ethan is such a cutie! I love the name Kailey! She is gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Glenn and I LOVE the videos and pictures. They make us all the more anxious to have our little one. Congratulations. She is beautiful, and Ethan looks like a great older brother... already learning to shoosh and rock her.

Darcee said...

Congrats you guys! Kailey is such a cutie and Ethan is soooo sweet with her. I can't believe how grown up Ethan looks now! Heather, I can't believe how amazing you look only 1 hour after giving birth. Wish we were back there still so we could come see you guys. Congrats again!

Lauren said...

Congratulations! You all look so happy, and so you should be, she's gorgeous!

jessica said...

I agree with Darcee you look great! And we want to see more pictures of Kailey!

mike nelson said...

hey
i be your brother long time now. i only see son one time and now you have daughter.i feel like i take crazy pills!

-congrats from korea!
--love, your favorite little brother

Jessica 7 said...

Congratulations Heather and Eric!! Kailey is so beautiful and I love the name. Those videos of Ethan holding her are precious! Heather - you look great! I'll check in with you soon.

Love,
Jessica Gray

Peggy said...

I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to meet Kailey!

Mary Victoria said...

Wow! 2! She is wonderful, and Ethan is so sweet with her. Little girls are so much fun! Enjoy every moment!

(Love your hair!)