Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mom and Dad we are moving home!!

Well, I hate to say it, but my husband is leaving me for 8 months vacation in the sand and sun, so I am taking the kids and moving home. Dad and Mom, I hope you are ready for Ethan, Kailey and I. We found out two weeks ago that Eric is going to Iraq. He leaves November 3rd for training in South Carolina and then heads to Iraq the end of the month and won't be back until the end of June. Sorry, I can't say too much about what he is doing--it is top secret Navy stuff, but don't worry he will not be in a combat zone and should be relatively safe. We are not looking forward to being apart, but on the other hand this is a great opportunity and experience for him and my parents are so excited to have their grandchildren closer. For those of you wondering what exactly Eric will be doing, here is an idea!!

6 comments:

Karlee said...

I hope the 8 months goes by really fast for you! We'll have to get our kids together while you live in St. Louis again.

ConnecticutUre's said...

I will miss you so much!!! I hope that you guys get stationed here again. Thanks for going visiting teaching with me, it hasn't been the same since the switch.

Loni

Darcee said...

You are brave to be without your hubby for so long. Thank goodness for family though, huh? Any idea where you guys will when June rolls around?
Kailey looks like Ethan in that picture with Brooke, I think. She's so cute! I miss having a tiny baby around!

Jessica 7 said...

Does the picture have to do with the kind of lawsuits he might be dealing with? ;)

I'm so bummed that you'll be leaving. I'm going to miss you a lot. At least I'll be able to look in on your blog and keep up with your adorable family!

Jess said...

I'm sure that is going to be tough...but luckily your parents will help out! Good luck with everything!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Oh Man, Eric!! Good luck! What you're doing for our Country is so amazing! The two of you are really sacrificing a lot for everyone.. Thank you..