Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ben & Jerry's here we come!!

So, as we are preparing to move, the last thing we wanted to do while we were here was to go to Vermont. Eric has never been there and we needed to make our pilgrimage to Mecca (otherwise known as Ben & Jerry's). For those of you who don't know, Eric is a diehard addict-he consumes one pint of Chunky Monkey a week, in fact one of my wifely duties is to buy him a pint every week when I grocery shop. We started our trip out by going to the Joseph Smith Memorial in Sharon, Vermont. They have the hearthstone of his original home where he was born. They also have this great granite memorial that is 38 1/2 feet tall--one foot for every year he lived. There is a great story about how they got that there, but it is too long to tell on here. Next we went to a cider mill for lunch--it wasn't nearly as good as the one in Massachusetts we went to with Brent and Darcee, but we did eat a cider donut for Brent. Finally, the reason for the trip--BEN & JERRY'S!! We went and visited the factory where it started. I have to admit, the factory was a little bit of a let down, I was expecting more, but we got a free taste test of a new flavor, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Saturday night we spent in Burlington, Vermont, where I swear every other person drives a Subaru Outback or some station wagon-what a bunch of hippies up there! Sunday morning we went to this fun aquarium on Lake Champlain that had a ton of interactive exhibits that Ethan just loved! One fun thing you could do was make a shadow movie of yourself. Check out:http://video.snibbeinteractive.com/video/c771b354-6733-44d7-80d9-716d24dcbf05 to see Ethan and Eric's movie. Ethan is playing with one of those noodles in the movie. Enjoy our pictures--we had such a fun time and are sad to be leaving New England. It is just such a beautiful area with so many things to do!!

3 comments:

Darcee said...

I'm sooo craving some New England cider right now! We have been saying how much we will miss the fall out there! I'm sooo jealous that you got to go to B & J's! I never made it and I'm so sad about that...Hope you ate extras for us! Take care!

Namlot said...

My favorite is Ethan washing windows. SWEAT SHOP!!!!

Jessica 7 said...

Too bad it was raining at the memorial - it's so tricky to keep little kids dry! Glad you had fun at Ben & Jerry's. All I can say is PHISH FOOD!!! It's the only one I'll look at.