Saturday, October 2, 2010

I almost died in the mosh pit at Metallica!!


Last weekend, Eric and I went to the Metallica concert with some of our good friends. Our good friends, Shari and Karl are diehard fans and were going, so a bunch of us all decided to go. I have to say, I wasn't a huge Metallica fan before, but after being at their concert, I LOVE THEM!!!! Like, I said, my friend is a huge fan, so she is part of Metallica's fan club and we got in early. You can't tell from the pictures, but we were pretty close to the stage. The first two bands, we were about 3 people back from the front. When Metallica came on, we were that close, but then, as I alluded to in the title, the mosh pit really got going and I literally thought I was going to die. Japanese people are small, but their mosh pits are lethal--I was getting tossed around and crushed, so we decided to move back a little bit. While in the mosh pit, I kept thinking, "my mom is going to be so embarrassed to tell people her daughter was crushed to death by Japanese people in a mosh pit at the Metallica concert!" What a way to go!! Anyways, we had a blast--I have to admit, part of me was thinking, I am a mom to 3 kids and am at a Metallica concert. Anyways, we had a blast and I would go back again in a heart beat!!

It looks like we are further away then we really are--we could see the band great--also, for being around as long as they have--they look great!!

The band at the end
One of the crazy people that we met--this guy loved taking his shirt off--honestly, one of the best parts of the concert was all the crazy people we met. Right in front of us, they had this mosh pit circle going on--people would run in a circle and hit each other--it was so crazy to watch. Like I said, awesome night--ROCK ON!!!

4 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

I have to say - this post had me laughing! I'm glad you didn't die!

Julie said...

Wow, you are one rockin' mom! Way to live it up. I'm glad you are still alive and well!

Annette said...

Should I be worried about having such a wild daughter-in-law? Glad you had fun.
We're missing you guys something terrible :( Give the kids a smooch for me, k?

Global Future said...

I like your blog.

Fantastic pictures and content.

I would like to share my blog. Please visit:

http://holidayinparadise.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.