Saturday, October 23, 2010

I know Kailey is sweet, but please don't bite her!


Yes, that is right, my child got bit Thursday and bit HARD!!! There is an hourly child care center less than a block away from our house that I take the kids to a couple of hours a week. They have a great time playing with other kids and I have a great time playing (i.e.-running errands) with NO kids (okay, except Cade!) Thursday I dropped them off for 3 hours and about 45 minutes before I had to pick them up, looked at my phone and realized I had a missed voicemail--listened to it and it was one of the daycare workers telling me that another child had bit Kailey. What happened was, a little girl was washing her hands at the sink and Kailey came over to wash hers and the little girl bit her. They said Kailey was hysterical and wouldn't let them touch her arm and then fell asleep on the couch holding her arm. When I got there about an hour after the incident, Kailey was okay. The girl didn't break the skin on Kailey's arm, but let some nice teeth marks. However, I think it has scarred Kailey--that night when Eric came home and we were talking about it, Kailey starting crying and got upset. I just feel so bad for her--hopefully she won't hate the child care center now.

In other news, we are having fun with Brooke. I am especially excited, her birthday is Wednesday and we are going SHOPPING IN TOKYO with NO kids!! I am excited to spend the day with her up in Tokyo doing some shopping and hanging out. Life is pretty good!! I am going to have a hard time when Brooke leaves!

The bite mark--poor Kailey!!


1 comment:

Jess said...

Poor thing! I can relate, Katie was bitten about 6 times at daycare (different daycares too). I felt like she was a magnet for these biting children!

She is so smart and would come home with bite marks and bruises (only broke the skin once) and tell me how biting is so bad and she doesn't know why the other kids do it. Fortunately she got moved up to an older kid room and hasn't had any problems...I guess they grow out of it.

I took pictures of Katie's bite marks too...so your post hit home! Hopefully no one starts biting Emily once she gets into the toddler room.