Monday, November 15, 2010

Confessions of a neglectful mom!

So, I have to admit, I lost my child the other day--actually I lost Ethan one day and Kailey the next! A couple of weeks ago, we had some friends over in the morning to play with salt dough (so much fun, if you haven't done it with your kids--much better than playdoh). Eric came home in the middle of our playdate to change clothes. Anyways, our friends left and Eric left about the same time. Brooke and I were downstairs with Kailey and Cade--busy with them. I just assumed Ethan was upstairs playing in his room or that he had gone into our room and turned on the t.v. He was quiet, so I was happy. About an hour later, I yell up to Ethan to come downstairs for lunch and he doesn't answer. I walk up the stairs to get him and he is not in his room, not in my room, I yell to Brooke to see if she has seen him and we frantically search the house--NO Ethan. I put on my shoes and run outside, luckily I think to look in the car and this is what I found:
Ethan had put on his shoes, gone out to the car, gotten into his carseat, buckled himself in and fallen asleep. I could not believe it. I should preface this by saying, that Ethan has never run away, unlike his sister, he never goes outside alone--he is a good kid. I asked him after he woke up (yes, I brought him inside and he finished napping in his bed) why he went out to the car and he said that he was tired--crazy--you never know what your children are going to do!!

P.S.--I tell this story, so all of you mothers feel better about yourselves. Like I said, Kailey ran away the next day and took her friend with her!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Wow that is pretty impressive! He must have been really sleepy...Katie would never willingly go for a nap

Jessica 7 said...

What a blessing he was in the car! So glad things turned out well in the end. :)

Julie said...

I would totally freak out! What a good kid to go to his carseat and sleep. Don't worry, I don't think you're a bad parent. We all have our moments!

alyssa nelson said...

oh, that is so precious! a little terrifying at first but somehow still so cute.
A.

Sabrina said...

How cute and scary at the same time! Yes we've all had those moments. Glad you found him safe!