Monday, November 15, 2010

Halloween 2010


I know, I am slow in posting--our computer has been acting up, but my WONDERFUL husband fixed it--so now I have no excuse not to get caught up. The kids had fun trick-or-treating this year. They open the base to the Japanese kids and it was PACKED. I bought about $60-70 worth of candy--I had about 7 BIG bags of candy and only passing out one piece of candy, I was out of candy in an hour--so I had HUNDREDS of kids coming to the door, mostly Japanese. Here are pictures of the kids in their costumes.
My Buzz Lightyear
Cade was a pumpkin (just like his brother and sister were in past years)--ignore the spit-up
Kailey was a nice witch--riding on her swiffer!

The night before Halloween we decided to do a Halloween dinner with our friends. We got pretty creative in what we made for dinner--I think this is going to become a new tradition--the kids loved it and I did too!!
Our Halloween spread!

Cat Crudite's--the head is veggie dip

Spooky Desserts!

A Slitherly Snake Calzone

Bloody Monster Meatloaf Hands on a bed of mashed potatoes (we also had a meatloaf foot)

Chips and Salsa--you can't tell, but the chips are shaped like bats, witches, pumpkins, etc--we made cut them out of corn tortillas and then baked them.

Lastly, hot dog mummies

3 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

CUTE FOOD!!! That is so much fun.

Unknown said...

SO impressive! What a fun mom you are!

linda zantman said...

i know a little girl that looks just like yours. her name is justise and she jsut turned 5.