Wednesday, August 8, 2012

4th of July in Colorado

After being overseas for the last 3 Fourth of July's, this was a great way to spend this one, especially before heading overseas again.  The little town we were staying in had a parade and it was so much fun.  It was so typical "small-town America"--I swear the whole town was in the parade and all the visitors were there lining the streets--we had a great time!!   Here are some highlights!
Some of the family staked out on our blanket

This made me laugh a little bit, I swear they had all the veterans dress up in their old military uniforms.  I guess since we are in the military I am use to seeing men in uniforms all the time!  I told Eric he should have put on his uniform and marched in the parade!

Lots of fun old time cars!

This line of fire trucks, police cars, ambulances went FOREVER!!

Again, tons of fun old-time cars!

Lots of fun floats



Tons of horse riders

Kids had a great time with their cousins

Patriotic Kailey--I am going to brag for a minute--I made this dress--it took me about an hour and cost me less than $3--SO easy and SO cute!!


Gymnasts

These guys were my favorites--it was some flying club--they were awesome!




 Again, we had a WONDERFUL 4th of July and it was so nice to spend it in America, especially since that probably won't happen again for at least 3 years!!  Even though I absolutely LOVE living overseas, I am so proud to be an American!!

No comments: