Sunday, April 7, 2013

Paris

The second half of our trip we spent in Paris, which I think is one of my new favorite cities--I LOVED IT!!!  We were there for 5 days and felt like we saw everything--Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Versailles, Sacre Couer, Arc D' Triomphe, Louvre, etc.  We were busy, however, had so much fun exploring Paris.  As I look at our pictures as I am  putting up, I can't believe we were just in Paris--makes me realize how incredibly lucky we are to see such interesting places and for all the amazing opportunities the Navy has given us.  Also, I hope my kids realize one day just how lucky they are--they have been more places than a lot of adults!!  Anyways, here is more picture overload!!
Ethan was our little photographer on this trip and always was wanting to take pictures--most of the turned out really well, some are just a little crooked, like above!









This is "The Thinker" by Rodan--and the kids modeling!
In the Louvre at the statue of Venus--we saw all the famous  pieces of art--including Mona Lisa



Outside the Louvre




This was the view from our hotel--we were on the 27th floor--it was unbelievable and to the right (I didn't get a picture) you could see part of the Eiffel Tower--AMAZING!!

At Versaille--could not believe how opulent and huge it was!







Front of Versailles
At Notre Dame
The kids feeding birds--the birds just SWARMED to them--Ethan had like 6 birds that landed on him at one time!





Kailey was a little more frightened of the birds than the boys!


The boys with their new friends!



At Sacre Coeur--Another church--very interesting inside and beautiful!

Glimpse of what was inside


This was how we kept the kids going--LOTS and LOTS of snacks---here we are taking a snack break
Posing outside of Musee D' Orsay--I really liked this art museum
The kids on the bus, passing the Louvre--we took a bus ride around the city

No comments: