Monday, July 13, 2009

Playing catch-up!

I thought before I started updating on all the exciting adventures we are having in Japan, I had better briefly go over what we did the month before we left to come over here. We started off with Eric coming home the beginning of June--I can't even begin to say how exciting it was to see him and how glad I am to have him home. He was home about a week and then he and I left to drive our stuff back to Connecticut, get everything packed up and shipped, put our car in storage and check out of Groton. Eric and I flew back to St. Louis and a day and a half later flew with the kids to Utah for Eric's brother's wedding. We spent a week and a half there and then we came here to Japan. Needless to say, it was a pretty busy month!!
Eric's Homecoming-YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made these chairs for the kids out of PVC pipe. My brother made one for his daughter and then sent me the pattern--it was so easy to make. If anyone wants to make one, let me know and I will send the pattern to you! The kids love the chairs. Ethan's has frogs on it and Kailey's has ladybugs!

Eric getting his end of tour award. He also got quite a few new ribbons/awards while he is in Iraq--he is such a stud!! Now he has a lot of bling on his uniform!

Eric and I at his brother's wedding--Congratulations Mike and Alyssa!!

We had a little birthday party for Kailey at Eric's grandparents house. She actually turned one last week after we arrived here in Japan--how many one year olds can say they celebrated their birthday in Japan!!

Doctor Kailey!!! Kailey playing dress-up at a fun museum we went to in Utah.

If being a doctor doesn't work out, Kailey looks great in the Oval office!!

At Antelope Island in Utah.

One more messy cake face picture--you can never have enough!

7 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

When did you get the braces off? You look great!

Jessica 7 said...

I'm really not copying carrie - I totally noticed that you got your braces off! You DO look great, and I'm sure it's nice to be rid of the equipment. Those messy cake pictures are great.

brooketolman said...

gosh i miss you guys.

brookenelson said...

i want the chair pattern! please please please!

Kristen said...

What a busy month! I love the picture of you and Eric!!!

I would love the chair pattern!! They turned out super cute!

Unknown said...

Heather,
I feel totally stupid sending this to you, but I really do LOVE the chairs! I tried to find the pattern online, but didn't find one as cute as yours. Could you please send me the pattern? I really love it! My email is kristyannpowell@gmail.com. I loved reading your blog.

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Hey, I would love the pattern to those chairs!! We are going to Yellowstone next month and they would be so fun!! If you don't mind sending me the pattern I would so appreciate it! hubbamyers@yahoo.com. Thanks!