Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Silly Kids!!

The kids have started doing some funny things since we have moved to Japan. We will start with Ethan---first off, it is kind of sad, but whenever we come back to the hotel where we are staying, he yells, "We're home" or "There's Ethan's house!" Also, there is a Chili's right next to our hotel and every time he sees it he says, "there's where we eat dinner." I should have prefaced that by saying we have only eaten there twice. For some reason it is not nearly as good as it is in the states. Eric and I are starting to feel bad that Ethan thinks our home is a hotel and that when we eat we go to Chili's.

So being in Japan, we walk EVERYWHERE!!!! Every time we cross the street, we always tell Ethan to hold our hand. Well, being the independent toddler that he is, here is a picture of what he does:He tells us, "Ethan do it." So now whenever we cross the street, he holds his own hands!

Kailey has a new obsession--shoes!!! She just loves to wear everyone's shoes...on her HANDS!!! She is always putting shoes on her hands and then crawling around--it is so funny. She does it with my shoes and with Eric's.
"Look at me Mom, I have shoes on my hands!"Crawling around with shoes on her hands.Clapping the shoes together.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Glad to hear the kids are adjusting! I had to laugh when you said that Ethan points to Chili's as "where you go for dinner". A couple times recently, I've been reheating something in the microwave and when it DINGS, Katie says "dinner is ready". I'm like, hey...we don't always have dinner from the microwave! GEEZ!

Jessica 7 said...

Holding his own hand - what a riot!