Friday, January 22, 2010

Japan's Next Top Child Model


Ethan had his first modeling gig this week and ROCKED it!! He is like a professional and I was just so proud of him. I don't know if you have ever heard of Combi, but they are a company that makes baby everything--clothes, strollers, etc. Anyways, he modeled summer clothes for their summer catalog that is coming out--so in a couple of months I will post his PROFESSIONAL photos--as I watched them take pictures, he had a lot of really good ones.
Anyways, so Ethan and I had to be up in Tokyo Thursday and Friday for a couple of hours. Thursday we got to the studio at 10:30, where there were also 4 other little boys there to get pictures. They changed Ethan into his first outfit, did his hair and we started taking pictures. The bulk of the time we were there he took pictures with one other little boy, but later in the day he took pictures with 3 of the other little boys. We were there until about 2:00. I have to admit the time flew by, because as soon as Ethan finished his pictures, we were changing into our next outfit, fixing hair, etc. He would wait about 10 minutes and then it was his turn to do pictures again. Like I said, I was just so proud of him because he did such a great job. A couple of the little boys had a hard time standing still, but Ethan was so good to listen and stood there and made really cute faces--I was just so proud of him!!! Anyways, Ethan really enjoyed himself. The staff at the studio were so good to play with the kids and make them laugh. I really had to do nothing, just help Ethan change into his clothes and then watch him as he took his photos--it was a lot of fun!!

Friday we headed up again for another day of shooting. We got up there at 1:00 and there were 3 little girls there that were finishing up their pictures and a little boy that was there to take pictures also with Ethan. It was kind of interesting talking to all of the moms, because they all had done TONS of modeling with their kids. The one little boy that Ethan modeled with had done 12 Combi catalogs among tons of other jobs. I realized that this modeling thing is like a whole new world--one of the moms was telling me that she does 6-8 jobs a month with her kid--it is crazy! Anyways, Ethan rocked it again and we had a great time. I have to admit I went into the modeling thing a little reluctant, but after watching Ethan I have realized that he is GOOD and the photographers really like him. It will be interesting to see how many jobs we get after this.

I took a couple of pictures at the shoot, but really didn't have time to take more.

What one of his shirts said that he modeled--I thought it was a funny saying--typical Japanese!
He wore a lot of outfits similar to this--the Japanese really like pink--he wore a couple of things that looked like they were for a girl, but on the other hand he had some really cute outfits.
Playing with the staff during a little break--I can't say it enough, but the staff was AWESOME--they were so good to play with the kids. In the background of this picture, you can kind of see the set where they took pictures.

4 comments:

Jessica 7 said...

Neat!

Darcee said...

When Ethan makes it big, I can't wait to brag that we're related! ha! That sounds fun! I hope you're feeling well!

The Bailly Buzz said...

This cracks me up. I love the saying on the shirt. I agree, totally asian. I can almost here them saying it!
Ethan looks adorable and he's starting on his journey of becoming a SUPER STAR!

d said...

Way to go Ethan!!! This experience sounds soooo familiar. Pro moms, tons of fun staff- darling clothes! I bet I even know who the little boy was that has done 12 catalogues. It will be so fun to see Ethan's shoot, and what a stud to get the double day shoot!