Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kannonzaki Park and the most awesome slide ever!!


Last week, we took the kids to this AWESOME park by us called Kannonzaki Park. The kids and I have been before, but this time we took Eric with us to experience the fun. All I can say is that playgrounds here are SO much better than they are in the states. The following pictures will depict that. So the above picture is a view from the park. The park is huge and is up on top of a hill. We really haven't explored much of it besides the playground part.

The whole reason to go to the park is this slide. It is a roller slide that is super long. This picture only shows part of the slide. Japanese love roller slides. I have only seen them once in the states, but you go so fast it is almost scary, especially the bigger you are!

Ethan and Eric coming down the slide! The only bad part about the slide is the hike back up to the top. There are two ways to go--up TONS of stairs or up this obstacle course with stairs. We chose the obstacle course obviously!!

My little monkey climbing up the net!

Kailey on the zip line.
***Warning--next picture not suitable for young kids--depicts a pregnant lady on the zip line--SCARY!!!***

I love zip lines, so I had to try. I am embarrassed at how far down the rope is--I guess I have put on a few pounds--I'm blaming it on the baby!!

Another rope course to climb through
There is this fun pirate ship play area with a slide to play on. The kids love it!

This was the highlight of the park. So Japanese have awesome bathrooms with TONS of buttons for everything you can think of (heated seats, wash your bottom off, sounds to mask when you are making sounds, etc.) The kids spent probably ten minutes pushing the buttons to open and close the door. They thought it was so much fun. On the plus side, Ethan does love to go potty when we are out in town because there are so many buttons. However, one of these days I know he will push the bidet button and I will have a stream of water come shooting up at us and we will have to walk out of the bathroom soaked--how embarrassing!!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Looks like a great park! Zip lining while pregnant? WOW, SUPER MOM!

Carrie Medford said...

That playground does look awesome! Only the Japanese would think of making a toilet that makes noises to mask other ones. Clever Japanese.

Rick Tolman said...

Great Park! It looks like a lot of fun and a very scenic location. Fun, fun, fun! Love Dad and Mom T

Jessica 7 said...

I was busting up laughing at your zip line shot! I love that you would post a picture like that. Did you guys get bruises on your backsides from such a long roller slide?