Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Iwakuni

Two weeks ago, I had the opportunity to go down to Iwakuni, which is about 6 hours away by bullet train, on the southern tip of the island of Honshu, Japan.  I went down with a friend, we had to go for a church conference and the husbands stayed home to watch the kids--it was FANTASTIC!!!  I will say that Eric has a lot more appreciation for motherhood--he told me he never wanted to be a stay at home dad and couldn't wait to go back to work!!  He did have a lot of fun with the kids.  Jessica and I went down a little early and had time to go see this really cool bridge called the "Kintai Bridge."  Originally it was made with  no nails, it was just lashed together--it was pretty amazing.  Here are some pictures from our trip.
Kintai Bridge
We rode a cable car up the mountain to a castle and there were some amazing views.
View of the bridge from the top of the mountain
Looking over Iwakuni
The castle at the top

At night

I thought this was really cool with the reflection

We also had a chance to go to the LDS temple in Fukuoka, about 3 hours south of Iwakuni.  Here we are in front of the temple.

Jessica and I in front of the temple--we had so much fun.

1 comment:

Fun said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.