Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!


Well, we had a great Christmas this year--sorry Eric couldn't be here, but we tons of fun with my family. The kids got into the mood by posing with Santa and dressed up in Santa hats!! Ethan loves going into my Dad's room and looking through his drawers, closet, etc. and then he wants to put on "papa's" hat, glasses, etc. Sometimes, my dad helps him be a little more creative in his outfits!!

This year we were so excited to have my older Brandon and his wife, Ashleycome to visit. Brooke also came home from college and it is always so great to have her around. The only sibling missing was Lance and his family, but we saw them at Christmas. B and Ashley haven't been home for Christmas in like 4 years, so it was just so nice to have them. We had a lot of fun playing and hanging out. One night we had an ethnic night and made Indian and Thai food, which was so delicious--I ate so much, that I felt like I was pregnant again!! Afterwards we watched a bollywood movie--can I just say that it was some of the most cheesiest and worst acting I have ever seen--it was so bad, it was funny!

I forgot how much fun Christmas is with little kids. Ethan just got so into Christmas this year, he would get so excited everytime he saw "Claus" or a snowman, etc. It was really fun opening presents with him and he hit the jackpot this year. Eric and I went shopping for Ethan's birthday and Christmas before he left, so we have had his presents for a couple of months. I have been so excited for him to open them and have something new to play with. He also got some great toys and clothes from his grandparents, so he really lucked out. Every toy he opened, he would get so excited and would want to play with it. I felt like the best mom, because he loved his toys!! So far he still loves them and I hope that lasts!! It is so hard to buy toys for kids, maybe it is just Ethan, but he loses interest so quickly in toys. His favorite things to play with are the vacuum, whatever I am using, the swiffer, etc. Poor Kailey, I didn't buy her anything for Christmas--I felt kind of guilty. I had bought her a bunch of new clothes after we moved here. I did go to toys 'r' us to buy her a toy, but then I thought, she doesn't know that she is supposed to get presents and we have so many toys and I hate to buy a new toy just for the sake of buying one, so needless to say, she didn't get anything. Hopefully, she will never read this post and hold it over me that I didn't buy her anything for Christmas. Luckily for her, she has nice grandparents and great-grandparents that bought her new clothes and a few toys. The favorite presents to open are the ones that my dad gets at the dollar store. You would think that he would just buy junk, but there is a lot of thought that goes into these presents. For example, this year, he got my grandma a bucket of 250 plastic bugs. He told her when she goes out to eat, she can take one and put it on her food and get a free meal! Ashley got a plastic table, so when she is traveling she always has someplace to put her laptop, eat dinner on, etc. What a thoughtful guy!! I got betty boop lip gloss--what thought went into that??? I guess I have chapped lips?!?! Anyways, thank you to everyone who made this Christmas wonderful--we really are so blessed.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

What a fun Christmas! Kids truely make Christmas magical!

Sabrina said...

I can't believe how much Ethan has grown!

Jessica 7 said...

Everyone looks so cute! Glad you had a great Christmas!