Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hiking with Papa!

Yesterday, Ethan and my dad (Papa) went on a hike at a nearby park.  I thought they were lost, they were gone for about 2.5 hours, but Ethan kept telling my dad that he wasn't ready to come home!!  They ended up hiking over 3 miles and Ethan walked the whole way.  That three miles was not all flat either, part was uphill and another part included climbing over 100 stairs!  I think I have a future hiker on my hands!!  He was well-prepared, we packed some snacks and water in his backpack, which he carried the whole time.  They had a great time and Ethan is very lucky to have such a fun Papa!  Here are some pictures from their adventure!  

They found a turtle on the trail and Ethan liked touching it!

Looking at the squirrels!
Snack break--they really worked up an appetite!

Looking through his 'noculars'!

Throwing rocks in the water--Ethan could do this for hours!

2 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

How cute! He looks so grown up!

Jessica 7 said...

Ethan is hard core! This time your kids are spending with your parents will always be so special.