Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Earthquakes, Typhoons, New house, and All-American Rejects!

So, I know I have been horrible about updating our blog. For the last 5 weeks we have been living in a tiny hotel room going crazy and I could only focus on so many things without losing my sanity. We are FINALLY in our new place--THANK GOODNESS!!!

I will update eventually with pictures, but we have been busy the last couple of weeks. Just a few highlights--my brother Aaron came into town the end of July. He served his mission here in Tokyo and speaks japanese fluently and ended up coming over with a little league baseball team as their translator. We were lucky enough to have him come down and stay with us a night and he took us out for a great meal and then we went up to Tokyo and watched one of the baseball games.

So, Eric headed back to the states this past Saturday for a week of training. The next day, we had our first earthquake. It took me a minute to figure out what was happening. I was lying on the ground with Ethan watching a movie and the floor started shaking and then it dawned on me--EARTHQUAKE!!! It only lasted a couple of minutes. The next night it happened again--we had another one in the middle of the night and it woke me up. I am not going to lie, it was pretty awesome. So, I am pumped to say I have survived two earthquakes and am sure I will experience more. Too bad Eric had to miss them.

Monday we moved into our new place. We are living on base in a high-rise apartment building. It is kind of ghetto, but on the other hand we are within walking distance of everything-grocery store, library, post office, gym, tons of playgrounds, Eric's work, etc. So it is pretty nice. I have been very busy the last couple of days trying to get the place organized. I want to have it looking halfway decent for when Eric comes home on Sunday. Also, monday when we moved in, we had typhoon-like weather. It was really windy, it was pouring just sheets of rain--it was crazy. However, the movers were fabulous and none of our stuff got wet.

Lastly, I will post pictures of this, but I took the kids to their first rock concert. The All-American Rejects came and did a free concert on base and I love a lot of their music, so I took the kids and went with a friend of mine. All I can say is AWESOME!!! We had a blast and I was surprised that the kids did so well. In fact, Kailey loved it. We were pretty close and could see the band really well. It was a blast. I took tons of pictures and videos, so I will post them eventually.

Stay tuned for pictures and can I just say that I am LOVING Japan. We have only been here 6 weeks but have gotten to do so many fun things, made great friends, etc. Everyone needs to come visit us and see how great Japan is!!

No comments: