Wednesday, August 19, 2009

YAKINIKU TABEHODA

My brother Aaron came to visit us the end of July. He served his mission here in Tokyo and thus speaks Japanese fluently. He ended up coming over with a little league baseball team as their translator. He came down and spent a night with us and then we went up with him the next day to Tokyo to one of the baseball games. I still need to upload those pictures, so those will be coming. Anyways, the night he came he took us out for yakiniku tabehoda. So we were in this little room with a grill on our table and for an hour it is all you can eat. You tell them what kind of meat and vegetables you want and then just keep bringing to you and then you grill it on your table and then dip it in this really good sauce. We tried chicken (of course), this really tender beef, corn (I am the daughter of the corn king, so I had to try the corn), squid, pork, etc. My favorite was the beef and we all ate tons and left like 5 pounds heavier from eating so much. So if anyone comes to visit us (hint, hint) we will take you out for yakiniku tabehoda!
Aaron eating the squid!

Kailey saying, "hey I want to try that, let me have a bite."

2 comments:

Julie said...

That sounds so good! Except for the squid which I'm not a huge fan of. I can't wait to see pics of your new place.

Emily said...

So, if I ever make it back to Japan, we have to go do this. But, please, let's leave the squid to your brother! EWWWW!!!