Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter-Part 1


My grandmother lives here in St. Louis about 4 miles from my parents in a retirement center.   It has been so nice having her so close and so great my kids are getting to know "G.G."  Ethan calls her that, it is short for great-grandma.  We are so lucky that we get to see her at least 2-3 times a week.  Anyways, last week the retirement center had an easter party that you could invite your family to.  They had an easter egg hunt, we took pictures with the Easter bunny, they had little bunnies and chicks you could pet and egg-coloring (which we did not participate in--I knew that Ethan would come away more colored than the eggs!)  We had such a fun time.  The kids are always such great sports when we go to visit because the minute we walk in the retirement center, they are mobbed by little old ladies and men who want to pinch their cheeks and give them kisses.  However, the kids seem to really enjoy going to visit (I think because G.G. always has great treats) and we always have so much fun!  

1 comment:

Darcee said...

I LOVE the pic of G.G. with K. and E! That is so sweet! I'm jealous that you get to see her so much. We chatted today and she told me all about the Easter Egg hunt. What a cute idea. Great pics!