Monday, April 13, 2009

Hooray, the Easter bunny came!!!

Well, we enjoyed a wonderful Easter yesterday.  My only complaint is that I wish it would have been a little warmer.  March we had such nice weather--several days in the 70's and even a couple in the 80s and this month I don't think it has barely broken 60 and has been so rainy-it is quite depressing!  We started out the morning with Easter baskets.  Ethan was quite nice to open everything in his basket and Kailey's!  By the way, Kailey started crawling this week.  I have mixed feelings, it is nice that she can crawl, but now that opens a lot of new problems.  The biggest is that she loves to crawl over to Ethan and try to play with whatever he is or she pulls his hair--needless to say, Ethan is not thrilled.  On the other hand, she is just so happy that she is mobile.


After Easter baskets, we headed to church.  This is a picture of Kailey 
in her new dress, that I MADE!!!  Yes, I know many of you are thinking, "Heather, you are not crafty at all," but I have channeled my inner Martha Stewart while I have been here.  I 
thought for my first project that it turned out pretty well.  She even has some really cute bloomers underneath the dress!  Maybe in the future I will break out the sewing machine more often.

After church and naps, we had a little Easter egg 
hunt in the backyard.  Ethan was so excited to go find all the eggs--he kept wanting us to hide them over and over again.  It was so fun to watch him find the eggs.  
 We ended the day with a wonderful dinner!  We had a great Easter!!

6 comments:

brooketolman said...

Kailey's dress looks soooo good!!! I'm impressed! The kids look great, i miss them like crazy!

Jessica 7 said...

Nice work! Kailey's dress is so cute - I'm so impressed that you made it!

Jess said...

The dress is adorable...I am impressed! My mom got me a sewing machine a couple years ago and it is still sitting in the box :(

Adam and Tara said...

What a beautiful dress Heather!!! Glad to hear you had a happy Easter, the whole family came up to Logan this time and we were missing you, Eric and the kids!

Annette said...

Way to go Heather! Kailey looks so cute. Can't wait for your visit so you can sew me a new dress (one like Kailey's would be great--we have the same body type) and Ethan can landscape the new yard. We miss you!

jessica said...

wow impressive heather! I know sleeves and bloomers can get tough, you did a great job! we'll have to swap patterns and ideas for the girls!