Monday, April 13, 2009

What happens when you live at home...

Saturday it was a pretty nice day and my parents had a lot of yard work that they wanted to get done.  The biggest thing they wanted to get done was to clean up the fish pond (they have a fish pond in their backyard.)  Well, someone had to get in the pond to get some plants out, rearrange plants, etc.  My dad has a broken foot, so he couldn't get in, and my mom gets cold pretty easily, so I was volunteered.  So here I am having my first swim of the year...in very cold water.  The temperature outside was in the mid 60s, but it has been in the 40s-50s the last week, so I expected the water to be a lot colder.  I do have to admit I went numb after a couple of minutes, but it wasn't too bad.
(Hiding behind the plants--very sneaky, huh?)

As usual, we put the kids to work, well Kailey supervised from her stroller, but Ethan had to help.  Here are a couple of pictures of him.

Mowing the lawn with Aaron--his new favorite thing to do!  
(Lance, notice what shirt Aaron is wearing--one of yours!)

Climbing the ladder
(Lance, Aaron wanted me to tell you that Ethan has gotten higher on the ladder than you ever have!)

Raking the lawn with his own rake--what a lucky boy!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Heather, Ethan and Kailey are darling. I'm sure the fish were very happy that you cleaned the pond. The blog is so cute, too.