Saturday, April 4, 2009

Purina Farms


Yesterday we took the kids to a place called "Purina Farms." Purina Farms is where they train dogs, have dog shows, etc.  They also have tons of farm animals to pet and it is a fun place to walk around.  We started out by sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap--as you can tell from the picture, Ethan wasn't too thrilled.  Next they had a place where you could play with tractors in corn.  We love corn and tractors so we couldn't pass that up--the kids had fun playing in that.  Next, for Easter, they had an area where you could go pet baby animals.  So we petted baby ducks, chicks, lambs, dogs, cats, and I am sure more things.   Purina Farms also has daily cow milking demonstrations where you actually get to milk the cow.  We were lucky because we walked up at the end and didn't have to wait in line.  I thought Ethan would be scared, but he hopped right up on the guy's lap and stuck his hand up to milk the cow.  I have to admit I was jealous.  Call it a crazy desire but I have always wanted to milk a cow--I know bizarre.  I have always thought it looked like fun-I know who thinks pulling on a cow's teat is fun, but I have always wanted to do it.  Anyways, so Ethan can cross something off his list that I can't.

Purina Farms also has daily dog shows.  We stayed and watched and it was so fun.  They have dogs that
 jump several feet in the air, they throw frisbees and have the dogs catch them, they also have the dogs run an agility course.  It was a really entertaining show and we had a great time!


**Side Note--Can I just say that blogger can be SOOOOOO frustrating sometimes.  Does anyone have any hints to make posting easier??  I think I deleted my pictures all at least twice and had to put them back in-AHHHHHHHHH!!  That is my rant for the day!**

3 comments:

brooketolman said...

Thanks for putting pictures up!! I've never even been to purina farms! I get just as frustrated with blogging as you do. I hate posting pictures.

Emily said...

That looks like so much fun! You're always so good at doing outings. By way of blogger -- I always do pictures last and then drag them to where I want them.

Jessica 7 said...

You should have sat on the guys lap and taken a turn milking - I'm sure it would have been fine!